The Archdiocesan Women’s commission inaugurates “SPARKLE”
Bangalore, November 26, 2019: “SPARKLE” a multilingual program to Connect, Communicate and Celebrate! provides a platform for women at the parish level organized by the Women's Commission under the Archdiocese of Bangalore. For the first time it was launched at St. Peter’s Church, Rustam Bagh on 24th November 2019. Earlier the same was blessed by the Archbishop Peter Machado at the priests’ recollection on 16th October 2019.
Mrs. Priya Francis pioneered the SPARKLE program and facilitated the session that was informative, interactive and inspiring. Mrs. Lorna Lobo, Secretary of the Women’s Commission addressed the participants on the Purpose of Women’s Commission and encouraged the formation of a Women’s Cell in each parish that is aimed at addressing the needs of the women at the parish level.
Msgr. S. Jayanathan, the Parish Priest conveyed the greetings of Archbishop Peter Machado to the participants and also congratulated the Women’s Commission for launching ‘SPARKLE’ programme in his parish. In his Inspirational Message, he highlighted the important roles women have to play in building the families and the society emphasizing on faith formation of their children and daily family prayer.
The program of the day included
1) Lighting of the lamp, symbolic of the program title 'SPARKLE'.
2) Self-awareness activity for participants to engage in internal dialogue.
3) Group discussion and presentation by participants on the topics that are relevant to women in our society.
4) Dialogue with Special Guest, Mrs. Brinda Adige, Human Rights Activist, who spoke about the need for a change in mindset to ensure gender equality in society.
5) Expressive song and dance performances on the theme of women empowerment by parishioners.
Rev. Fr. Sunny Richard, Director of The Family Welfare Centre, inaugurated the program and addressed the participants on the importance of living a holistic life. Rev. Fr. Arokia Dass extended his support in organizing this programme.
The vibrant and talented Women’s Commission Members, under the Archdiocese of Bangalore, will collaborate with Parish Priests are planning to take SPARKLE to all the parishes in the days to come.